We can all agree that Montreal winters are far too cold. It's no wonder that couples like to curl up on the couch and watch a ton of Netflix. That being said, there is no shortage of cute couples activities to fill your winter months. If you are in a relationship, married, or just looking for some date ideas, here is a list of ideas to keep you busy despite the cold:
1. Getting Your Ugly Sweater On: Hit up one of Montreal’s many vintage stores and go shopping for ugly holiday sweaters. You ca even go one step further and take cheesy pictures wearing said sweaters.
2. Skating! There’s nothing more adorable than skating and holding mitten-clad hands. Pack some hot chocolate, walk up Mount Royal, and spend the day skating at Beaver Lake. If you haven’t been, you need to head up and take a look regardless of the season!
3. Go Snowshoeing: Leave the city and spend a few hours snowshoeing in Oka National Park. There are plenty of trails to check out, including a path right along the water. Sometimes you just need to get out of the city and spend some time under the wide open sky.
4. Spa Day! Head down to Bota Bota to relax in their beautiful hot tubs while overlooking the skyline of the Old Port. This Nordic spa is the ideal way to treat yourself on a cold winter day.
5 .Hit the Slopes: Grab a ride-share or drive out to Mount Tremblant for a day of skiing of snowboarding in this gorgeous mountain town. If you have extra time and money, why not make a weekend of it!
6. Christmas Light Hunting: Head out to the suburbs and check out some of the beautiful Christmas light set-ups on some of the houses. Vote on the best!
7. Paint Mugs: Go to the Céramic Cafe’s locations, have a coffee and a bite to eat, and paint some mugs or another ceramic creation. If you’re feeling really cute, exchange them afterwards.